“GrandStream Wave” is a Soft-phone app that can be installed on your Android mobile phone and can be very easily configured to work with your DoorVaani SIP account. If you don’t have a DoorVaani SIP account, you can register your account for free now and then create your SIP account (a.k.a VOIP Line) for free. Please go to Google PlayStore on your Android Phone and then search for “GrandStream Wave” app. Download, install and then open the app and follow this easy to use guide with screenshots to configure it.
- Tap on “Settings” Gear icon at the bottom right hand corner.
Tap on Settings
- On the “Settings” screen tap on “Account Settings”.
- Tap on the “+” sign in the top right to add a new SIP Account.
Tap on + sign
- Tap on “SIP Account”.
Tap on SIP Account
- You will see the blank “Add New Account” screen.
Blank Add New Account Screen
- Enter any account name of your choice, for example: “DoorVaani Account” and tap on OK.
Enter Account Name
- In the “Add New Account” screen (step 5), tap on “SIP Server” and then enter your DoorVaani SIP Server name: as1.doorvaani.com and tap on OK.
Enter SIP Server
- In the “Add New Account” screen (step 5), tap on “SIP user ID” and then enter your DoorVaani VOIP Line username (case sensitive) as created by you in your DoorVaani account. Tap on OK.
Enter SIP User ID
- In the “Add New Account” screen (step 5), tap on “SIP Authentication ID” and then enter your DoorVaani VOIP Line username (case sensitive). Note: Your SIP Authentication ID is same as your SIP User ID. Tap on OK.
Enter SIP Authentication ID
- In the “Add New Account” screen (step 5), tap on “Password” and then enter your DoorVaani VOIP Line password (case sensitive) as created by you in your DoorVaani account. Tap on OK.
Enter SIP Password
- In the “Add New Account” screen (step 5), tap on the tick mark in the top right corner to save your account settings and also to register your VOIP Line to our server. After entering all of your account details your screen looks as shown in the following screen shot.
Tap on the tick mark to save your account
- Once your account successfully registers to our server, you will see your account name listed on the “Account Settings” screen with a green dot. Now you can tap on the “KeyPad” at the bottom and start dialling outgoing calls. Please refer to step 1 above to see the screen shot of the KeyPad. Please enter “complete called phone number” starting from the country code in International format.
Green Dot Shown on registration.
- To call extensions within your own account, you can simply dial the short extension number of your called person.
Important Note: To receive inbound calls, please ensure that your Soft-phone is always open and kept running on your mobile phone in the back ground. You can receive calls only when your soft-phone is kept open and running.
You can add talk-time balance to your VOIP Lines either by “Shopping cart checkout” or from your Account Credit. For accounts with multiple VOIP Lines, it is best to buy Account Credit and then convert your account credit into talk-time balance. This blog post is on how to add talk-time balance by “Shopping cart checkout”.
- Please login into your account or if already logged in, please click on “VOIP Lines/Rates/Acct. Credit” menu under MY DASHBOARD to see the “My VOIP Lines” page.
- In the “My VOIP Lines” page, locate your VOIP Line and then enter the amount in the “Add Talktime” input box and then click on the “Add” button. Please see the screen shot below.
My VOIP Lines Page
- Your talk-time order will be added to your shopping cart. You may see the “Added to shopping cart” message if you have not checked the “Don’t show again” check box before.
Added to Shopping Cart Message
- You can click on “Go to checkout” or if you wish to do more shopping click on “Add more items to shopping cart”.
- When ready to do the checkout, please click on the “Shopping Cart” link accessible from the left hand menu and checkout your shopping cart by selecting the payment method convenient to you.
Tip: Enable “Auto Top-up” of talk-time balances on your VOIP Lines to automate the whole process to free up your much needed time and never run out of talk-time balances!
You will be able to make outgoing calls from any of the VOIP Lines in your account to only those countries that are in your “Outgoing Call Countries” list. This works as a great security feature and prevents your VOIP Lines from being misused either accidentally or intentionally. When a new account is registered, no countries are added to this list by default, so you should be adding these countries as per your calling needs.
Please click on “Outgoing Call Countries” from the left hand menu to go to the page where you can manage your list of countries. The following screen shot shows the page with no countries added yet in the account.
Outgoing Call Countries with no countries added yet
Click on the drop-down box in the top of the page to open the list of available countries:
Select Outgoing Call Countries
Click on the “Add” button once all the selections are made. You will now see the selected countries added and displayed on the page:
Outgoing Call Countries added
You can visit this page again to manage your list of outgoing call countries. You can view, add more countries or delete those no longer required.
A VOIP Line in DoorVaani is basically a SIP Account and is needed by you to register your SIP Device to DoorVaani SIP Server, so that you can make and receive VOIP Calls. You just need to choose a VOIP Line username of your choice and a strong password of your choice and save it in your DoorVaani account. You would need this username/password pair while you configure your SIP Device to connect/register itself to DoorVaani SIP Server.
To create the VOIP Line:
- Login into your DoorVaani account. (Don’t have a DoorVaani account? Signup for free!)
- You will see “My VOIP Lines” page as in the below image. You can also click on “MY DASHBOARD > VOIP Lines/Rates/Acct. Credit” menu to go to the “My VOIP Lines” page. Please enter a VOIP Line username of your choice and a password in the two input boxes and then click on the Add button.
How to create a VOIP Line?
- VOIP Line username must start with an alphabet and should be of a minimum length of 6 characters. Both username and password are case sensitive. When you enter an acceptable VOIP Line username you will see a green checkmark as shown below.
Acceptable VOIP Line username.
- On clicking the “Add” button the VOIP Line is created and listed on your “My VOIP Lines” page.
After the VOIP Line is added
As soon as the VOIP Line is added it can be used immediately. If you need more than one VOIP Line, repeat the same process as above. You may want to add some talk-time balance on your VOIP Lines after creating them.
If you have money available in your DoorVaani “Account Credit” and you want to use it to make outgoing calls, then you need to convert your available “Account Credit” into talk-time balance on your VOIP Line. You can convert either all of your available Account Credit or only a part of it into talk-time balance based on your needs.
To see your available Account Credit please login into your DoorVaani account and then click on “VOIP Lines/Rates/Acct. Credit” menu under MY DASHBOARD in the left hand side menu bar. On this page you can see your available amount in the “My Account Credit” box on the right hand top corner of the page.
In “My VOIP Lines” page, please enter the amount (equal to or less than your available Account Credit) in the input box in the “Add Talk-time” column and then click on the “Add” button. This will add your order to your shopping cart. Please see the following screen shot:
Input box to add Talk-time balance in “My VOIP Lines”
Now you can go to the “Shopping Cart” page and checkout your order. You can select “Account Credit” as your Payment Method in your shopping cart.
Inbound Channels must be renewed before their expiry so that you can continue to use them. Inbound Channels once expired cannot be renewed. In that case (post expiry) you can buy new Inbound Channels but please be aware that you will incur one time setup cost for new channel purchases. It is advisable to use our “Auto Renewal of Inbound Channels” renewal feature to avoid loosing the channels and save your time.
To renew Inbound Channels please go to the “View Inbound Channels” menu under MY INBOUND CHANNELS in the left hand side vertical menu bar. Please see the following screen shot:
View Inbound Channels Menu
Once you are on the “View Inbound Channels” page, locate the channels block you want to renew. The Inbound Channels that are expiring soon will be highlighted in the “Status” column. You can also filter the results shown on this page to “Expiring Soon” using the drop-down box in the top of the page. Please select the number of channels you want to renew and then select the period of renewal. Once the renewal period is selected you will see the total cost of the renewal. Please see the following screen shot:
After making your selections please click on the “Add to cart” button. Once your order is in the shopping cart you will be able to checkout your shopping cart to complete your purchase. Your purchases will be immediately delivered to your account as soon as you pay for them.
Tip: If you have more than one Inbound Channel in the block, and you do not want to renew all of the Channels in the block, you can select a partial quantity for renewal.
You can set your Inbound Channels to renew automatically month after month and charge the renewal cost to your available account credit. Once set, these auto renewals happen 7 days before the expiry date of your Inbound Channels if sufficient credit to pay for the renewal cost is available in your account credit. On auto renewal you will get an email informing you of the completion with a link to the auto generated invoice. Set your Inbound Channels to auto renew to relieve yourself of manually renewing them. This article explains how to set auto renewal of your Inbound Channels.
Please log in into your DoorVaani account, if not already logged in, and then click on the “View Inbound Channels” menu under “MY INBOUND CHANNELS” on the left hand side. Please see the below image.
View Inbound Channels Menu
In “View Inbound Channels” page, please see the “Auto Renew?” column of drop-downs with options to set the Auto Renew to “On” or “Off”. Please select the option “On” and say OK to the confirmation message.
Inbound Channels Auto Renew Option
This will set your Inbound Channels to renew automatically provided you have sufficient credit available in your DoorVaani account. Just in case you do not want the auto renewals you can come back to this page at any time and set the Auto Renew to “Off”.
Our DID Phone Numbers come with 2 built-in channels and our Toll-free Phone Numbers have 300 built-in channels. What this means is, you can receive 2 simultaneous inbound calls on your DID Phone Number and 300 simultaneous inbound calls on your Toll-free Phone Numbers.
If your simultaneous inbound calls volume is more than what your available channels can handle, then you can buy extra inbound channels from us. These extra inbound channels are shared across all of the Phone Numbers in your DoorVaani account so the extra calls on any of your Phone Numbers will be able to use these channels.
How do I know if I have excessive inbound calls volume?
Our system continuously monitors your concurrent inbound calls on each of your Phone Numbers and in case it exceeds your available channels it alerts you via an e-mail. These alerting e-mails go out from our system the very next day and contains full details like which one of your Phone Numbers had those extra inbound calls, the time of the call etc., When you get such an e-mail, you will know that it is time to add some extra Inbound Channels to your account. You can also see the full details of the failed calls that could not be routed to you for want of Inbound Channels in your DoorVaani account. You can access these details including the caller id of the caller from the “Failed Inbound Calls” menu under “MY INBOUND CHANNELS” in the left hand side vertical menu bar. Please see the following screen shot:
Failed Inbound Calls Menu
How to buy Inbound Channels?
Go to the “Buy Inbound Channels” page using the “Buy Inbound Channels” menu under MY INBOUND CHANNELS from the left hand side vertical menu bar. Please see the following screen shot:
Buy Inbound Channels Menu
On the “Buy Inbound Channels” page (see below), you can enter the quantity (Number of channels) you want to buy and then select the period in months and add your order to the shopping cart. Once the order is in shopping cart you can checkout your shopping cart. Your purchases are immediately delivered to your account as soon as you make the payment.
Buy Inbound Channels Page
You can assign short easy to use 2 digit, 3 digit or 4 digit unique extension numbers to each one of your VOIP Lines in your DoorVaani account. You can call other VOIP Line users in your DoorVaani account by simply dialing their short extension number. You can also call your own extension number to easily reach your Voice Mail box.
The extensions set up page can be reached from the left hand menu item ‘Extensions’ as shown below:
Once you are on the extensions page, simply enter your desired extension number(s) to your VOIP Line(s) and save your updates. Even if you have only one VOIP Line in your account, it is still advisable to assign an extension number so that you can easily reach your Voice Mail box.
You can set your phone numbers to renew automatically month after month and charge the renewal cost to your available account credit. Once set the auto renewals happen 7 days before the expiry date of your phone number if sufficient credit to pay for the renewal cost is available in your account credit. On auto renewal you will get an email informing you of the completion with a link to the auto generated invoice. Set your phone numbers to auto renew to relieve yourself of manually renewing the numbers. This blog post explains how to set auto renewal of your phone numbers.
Please log in into your DoorVaani account, if not already logged in, and then click on the “View Phone Numbers” menu under “MY PHONE NUMBERS” on the left hand side. Please see the below image.
In “My Phone Numbers” page, please see the “Auto Renew?” column of drop-downs with options to set the Auto Renew to “On” or “Off”. Please select the option “On” and say OK to the confirmation message.
This will set your phone number to renew automatically. Just in case you do not want the auto renewals you can come back to this page any time and set the Auto Renew to “Off”.